Baked Butter-Lemon Salmon
The taste is as bold as the brightly blazed blue Nile beneath a Harvest-Moon night.
The look is as lovely, glittery and gorgeous as your fondest gold jewelry.
The scent is intense, soft and soothing as the Salvation granted by God on the Judgement Day.
Just a little squeeze of lemon can change it all. Blunt Carrot Soup bowl turns into a Lotus-lake in the Lilac covered Neverland.
And the ordinary Butter baked Salmon achieves an extraordinarily serene scent should you choose to shower and serve the fish with fresh lemons….
- 2 Salmon cutlets or 1 fillet, 1 1/2 to 2 pounds
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter
- Handful chopped Cilantro, Parsley or Dill
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Couple of pinchful red chili flakes
- Lemon juice. Quantity and intensity up to you. Plus thin slices from 1 lemon for serving
- Marinate pat dried fish into an ovenproof skillet or roasting pan with salt, pepper and lemon juice. 15-20 minutes. This first step brings forth a strikingly tasty result.
- On medium heat, in a small skillet place the butter, red pepper flakes and half the herb. Wait until the butter melts and the herb begins to sizzle.
- Pour that bubbling butte over the fish. Bake 4-6 minutes on preheated oven at 475 degrees.
- Remove from the oven, turn the fish over. Sprinkle butter again.
- Roast 3 to 5 minutes more, depending on the thickness of the piece of the fish. Cut into serving portions, spoon a little of the butter over each and garnish with the remaining herb and lemon slices.
Grow a lemon plant in your backyard and you will witness something marvelous: Moon beams weave fragrant dreams on the amber skin of lemons. Dancing Sun rays cast souls on the evergreen hues of lemon leaves. Suddenly your barren backyard turns Eldorado in search of which you’ve journeyed for so long!
Eldorado is wherever you think, cook, write and photograph, my dear.
And when I take a stroll at your blogspot, I find Eldorado ❤ Your words, recipes and pictures always resemble happiness and beauty. Thanks much for stopping by; means a lot, dear Boss-Man ❤
Mouthwatering! Lovely post and pictures as always…
Thank you, love. Getting a compliment from you is a sheer joy. Cheers,
I love lemons! In fact I’m a lemon freak — will eat (inhale, really) anything that contains lemon. Great post, wonderful pictures — thanks!
Thank you! Your presence here is always inspiring.
I always enjoy devouring your writings and recipes.
Kind words indeed. BIG compliment indeed. Thanks a bunch, dear Cathy ❤ Hope you are doing well these days.
So glad to have stumbled across your blog. Simple yet a classic and flavorful recipe.
Welcome and thank you! Stay in touch, please ❤